Thursday, August 17, 2017

Broken hearts - hope restored

Friends and family,

As the two weeks of treating patients comes to an end, there are lots of thoughts streaming through our heads. I think we'll take a few posts to wrap up our two weeks. 

Today (Thursday) was a heavy day emotionally. Days like today remind us that we aren't just physical therapists. We are God's humble vessels of hope to the broken hearted. are a few thoughts from Ron from today:

What can be said about today... so much pain filled the air and questions clouded the atmosphere. Some came for relief. Others for answers. Some for forgiveness. At times we found ourselves at a loss for words. We find ourselves looking for the answers that only God can provide. We hope to be that answer when we are merely the medium, not the catalyst. And that's difficult to swallow. It's hard to say "I don't know". It's even harder to say, "I can't help". 

Today I felt my heart was broken. My joy was shattered and I too felt pain. Helpless and lost in a sea of questions. But then I was reminded that it's not completely up to me to provide. In times like this I am responsible for bringing others closer to the word of Christ. It is in these times that I exit my role as a therapist and step into the role of missionary. My prayer becomes more powerful than my hands and my words more than my mouth. This lesson is one in which I will carry forward forever. 

Something I must remember is to never forget who sent us here. That God, first and foremost, deserves the praise. When the tide of torment is heavy, and we are weak, only He can provide the answer and the strength.

Continued prayers for the patients are encouraged. Prayers for our safe travels home are also appreciated. Stay tuned for more updates.

Blessings to you all,

The Peru Crew


No comments:

Post a Comment